FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Can you travel to my wedding venue?
YES, we specialize in home visits + on location appointments.
Is there a travel fee?
Yes, send your full address for a personal quote. We will travel anyway you hire us to go!
How do I book an appointment?
Book Online 24/7 www.vanessaceja.com/book-online
Send an email through this website. www.vanessaceja.com/book
Are you a hairstylist as well? Can you do my hair?
Nope. I have a amazing hair vendor friends/partners who can do your hair!
What do you provide?
I provide everything for every single service honey.
Ex: the makeup, eyelashes, makeup chair, + professional lighting + music + luxury robe. Just bring your bare face. Please groom facial hair, exfoliate skin + lips before your appt.
Are false eyelashes extra?
No. Lashes are included in our rates. I got you!
SPRAY TANNING QUESTIONS
-DAY BEFORE YOUR APPOINTMENT-
How do I prepare my skin the day before my appointment?
1. Shave + Shower + Exfoliate: Your last shower should be the day before, not the day of. Prep your skin at least 24 hours prior to your appt. Use a Korean Exfoliating Mitt + exfoliate buff away all that dead skin. I carry a professional line of sunless after care products --- ask me about them.
-DAY OF APPOINTMENT-
How do I prepare my skin the day of my appointment?
1. No Lotion - do not moisturize. Your moisturizer can act as a barrier.
2. No Perfume – avoid applying anything to your skin prior to tanning.
3. No Makeup - arrive free of makeup + deodorant.
5. No Showering + No Shaving the day of
What do I bring to my appointment?
DARK BLACK LOOSE sweats + Long Sleeve Loose Black Tee + sandals.
Hair tie + Towel
Umbrella + Water Bottle
What should I NOT wear?
NO leggings, No shorts. No dresses, No yoga pants, or tight clothes at all, no exceptions!
What can I tan in?
You are welcome to tan in a swimsuit, strapless bra + underwear, topless with underwear, or nude.
Whatever makes you the most comfortable.
Are there different options for development time?
PREMIUM Rapid Rinse Tan - rinse in 2-6 hours ( You choose how tan you will be). I recommend this tan always! Its the most popular!
2 hours - light tan
3 hours - medium tan
4 hours - med/dark tan
5+ hours- dark tan
-RIGHT AFTER YOUR APPOINTMENT-
What should I expect?
1. You may feel slightly sticky for an hour.
You will look very tan from the bronzer and will NOT want to run errands after or wear a bra or tight clothes.
2. DO NOT GET WET- While you have on the bronzer you will need to stay as dry as possible, includes sweat, dog/cat licks.
3. Watch Netflix + relax during your development time. Do nothing.
4. Wait for your tan to develop.
5. When ready rinse with only water + your hands. 5 mins in warm water. No soap. No loofa.
6. Go to sleep
7. You are now free to sweat and get wet.
-DAY AFTER YOUR APPOINTMENT-
What do I do the day after my appt?
1. In the AM take your 1st real shower with an approved liquid body wash.
When you shower do not exfoliate. (The tanning solution has only penetrated the top layer so if you scrub it off, you will erase your tan. I carry a professional line of sunless after care products --- ask me about them.)
2. Use organic coconut oil to hydrate the skin in the shower + then rinse it off.
3. MOISTURIZE 2-3x a day – I cant emphasize this enough.
Dryness is the main cause of early fading. Dryness can also cause you to feel itchy, avoid this. (I carry a professional line of sunless after care products --- ask me about them.)
4. Drink water all day- this hydrates you from the inside out.
How do I shower post-spray tan?
1. 1st Water Rinse only - rinse in warm water, do not use soap, simply rinse the bronzer off with your hands + then pat dry.
2. All other real showers - with warm water + an approved sunless friendly liquid body wash. Pat dry. Always pat dry, never rub. Then use organic coconut oil + rinse it off. Apply Tan extender lotion 2-3x a day. (I carry a professional line of sunless after care products --- ask me about them.)
When should I Shave?
1. BEFORE your appt – at least 24 hours prior to your appt, your pores need time to close before your appt. Do NOT shave the same day as your spray tanning session. If you shave too directly before your tan your open pores may collect extra solution. This may result in a speckled or uneven tan.
2. AFTER your appt– After 48 hours feel free to shave as normal, but make sure to use a clean + new razor to prevent stripping your tan.
What lotions + soaps should I NOT use with skincare treatment?
Any harsh lotions, liquid + bar soaps with these ingredients will strip your tan. Use your aftercare at your own risk : heavy fragrances + perfumes, mineral oils , parabens, sulfates, Anti-Acne, Anti-aging, Cocoa Butter, +
all bar soaps.
Harsh soaps from these brands will strip your tan. Use your aftercare at your own risk:
Dove, Victoria Secret, Bath + Body works, Caress, Suave, Olay, Purple Shampoos, brands with perfume, etc. We cant be held responsible for nonprofessional products that may strip your tan. Ask us about our amazing professional sunless self care products that will keep you glowing longer.
What lotions + soaps should I use while I have an Airbrush Tan?
For the longest lasting tan my clients love to glow with my professional line of sunless body products. Ask me at your appt about what I recommend. We carry these amazing glowy products just for you to keep you glowing longer including; LUXURY VANILLA BODY WASH, LUXURY PINEAPPLE TAN EXTENDER FACE + BODY MOISTURIZER, SPF, + KOREAN EXFOLIATING MITTS.
What do you recommend?
I recommend a sulfate, paraben, and mineral oil free product. Pure organic coconut oil found in a glass jar paired with our LUXURY PINEAPPLE TAN EXTENDER MOISTURIZER + LUXURY VANILLA BODY WASH. My professional line of sunless body products. Ask me at your appt about what I recommend.
What should I avoid?
Hot tubs, swimming pools, salt water, sand, waxing, long swims, long hot showers, exfoliating, loofa, bug spray, antibiotics, hormone meds, baby oil, mineral oil , massage oil, anti acne and anti aging products. Do not use any oils- only exception is organic coconut oil! We cant' be held responsible for post tan activities that may strip your tan.
-GENERAL SPRAY TAN QUESTIONS-
What's a Sip + Spray Tanning Party?
Tanning parties are held at your house by you, the hostess with the mostest. Invite 5 girls to join and the host tans on the house! Tanning parties are oh so fun and are great for bridal parties, bachelorettes, + birthday parties.
How long does my tan last?
The life of your tan 100% depends on your prep and post tan care at home. My clients glow for 5-14 days depending on skin type. Your tan will fade quicker when you are dehydrated + when you exfoliate.Your prime tan days are days 2-6. After days 7-14 your tan may fade more in some areas and it's time to scrub it off + book your next tan. You can minimize fading by keeping hydrated and purchasing a tan extender body lotion + body wash from us. We cannot be held responsible for nonprofessional products that may strip your tan. Your glow can last 2 weeks with proper care + use of professional sunless products. Ask us about our professional sunless selfcare products that will keep you glowing longer.
Is airbrush tanning safe?
YES! Plus you are tanned in an open face tent + with an organic tanning solution. It's amazing and doesn't have any nasty chemicals. My clients deserve the best!
Is It Safe To Airbrush Tan While Pregnant?
YES, after your first trimester. Ask your doctor what they suggest for you. That being said we are happy to say that our solution is safe and non-toxic. We use certified organic ingredients, and the solution only penetrates the top layer of skin.
Do I need to use a sunscreen?
YES ABSOLUTELY, I recommend an oil free SPF. Spray bottle is best. Ask us about our professional sunless selfcare products that will keep you glowing longer. Try Sun Bum, Australian Gold, and Coola.
Why is it better to get an airbrush tan from a professional artist rather than a closed tanning booth machine?
We tan each client in a big mobile tent that is completely open in the front. This allows the client to breathe freely and have plenty of fresh oxygen. Unlike booth spray tans, you will not be forced to inhale any tanning solution. Before we spray a client’s face, we give them time to close their eyes and hold their breath, approximately 3 seconds.
Will The Tan Affect my current Manicure or Pedicure?
Nope! It’s true that without proper precaution acrylic or gel nails can become yellow after multiple spray tans. A true professional tanning artist knows how to protect your investment, I use barrier cream.
Do you have a cancellation policy?
YES, as a courtesy, we request 48 hrs cancellation notice to cancel without a penalty. If you cancel your booked appointment or you are a No Show, you will forfeit your deposit. Cancel or No Show at your own risk.
Have any more questions?
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
I'd be happy to answer all your questions!
Thank you! See you at your next appt.